Most computer users are well acquainted with Microsoft Office. Office includes popular applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access. By 2012, Office had become such an enormously successful product that it had reached over one billion users.
Microsoft has presented Office 365 as the successor to the highly popular Office product. Office 365 is built around the Office product platform and is capable of running on Windows, Macs and portable devices such as iPhones and Android phones. The biggest innovation with Office 365 is that it is structured around a cloud delivered subscription service plan. Generally referred to as “software as subscription,” Office 365 represents the shift away from buying software. With cloud access, Office 365’s subscription plan eliminates the perpetual licensing structure associated with software purchases.
Office 365 provides users with some additional features. Microsoft has created Office 365 editions designed for various types of clients. For the business market, there is Small Business, Small Business Premium, Pro Plus, Midsize Business and Enterprise. For the consumer market segment, Office 365 is available in Home and the new Personal edition for the individual client.
The Advantages of Office 365
In you are working from a home office or own a business and are managing a team of employees; Office 365 offers the following advantages:
- Work Wherever and When Ever: Your Office tools can be accessed from virtually anywhere. Use PowerPoint, Word, OneNote and Excel via cloud access. You can easily share files with team members, plus there is great data storage capacity.
- Mobile Apps: You can use PowerPoint, Excel and Word files on your mobile device when you are working on the go. When you return to your office, you can quickly reconnect to these files from your office computer. Save time by picking up where you left off. Even the formatting stays intact.
- Easily Manage Your Website: With easy-to-use DIY tools, you can quickly make changes to your website. Take charge of your marketing efforts with an up-to-date website. Without any web-hosting fees, you can add your existing website to Office 365.
- Email and Calendar: With Office 365 you can sync your email and calendar. Private and secure communications via a hosted business class e-mail system. Anti-spam and anti-virus protection is provided in addition to instant messaging. Never forget another appointment again.
- Online Conferencing: Take advantage of HD conferencing features. Save time and money by replacing business travel with online meetings that also include real-time note taking and desktop sharing.
- Subscription Benefits: Save on upfront expenses through Office 365’s subscription plan that enables users to pay on a monthly basis. With a monthly payment plan, you can easily cancel the subscription at any time. You can also upgrade your subscription to another edition within the same customer segment.
Is it Time to Reshape Your Business?
Office 365 offers you the ability to reshape the way your business operates. As a business owner, you can reshape your workforce into a more efficient team that is capable of being productive anywhere and at any time. Geeks On Call can help. Contact your local Geeks On Call office and a technology professional will be happy to show you how Office 365 can benefit you and your business.