Does your small business make any of these 10 common tech mistakes? Take a minute and find out if your tech department needs a few tweaks or an overhaul.
- Not Enough Training - Every business has to keep up with new technology or risk becoming outdated. However, you can’t just purchase new software and leave your employees to figure it out on their own! In fact, even providing training personnel may not be enough to get your business in shape. Employees are often intimidated by new systems, but you can create performance review goals or require certification to encourage your employees to learn the necessary skills. You can also offer online or computer classes or instruction books that your employees can work through at their own pace.
- Not Enough Tech Support - Your computers and software are quite possibly the most vital investment you can make for your business. Don’t trust these delicate systems to just anyone! A manufacturer will often give you basic fixes, but a true tech expert can dig deeper. Geeks On Call offers trustworthy experts who can troubleshoot even the most complex tech issues. We will give you cost-effective and personalized tech solutions – because your business isn’t generic, and neither are your software questions.
- Spyware Dangers - If you’ve had any experience with spyware, you know how destructive it can be! Spyware targets the sensitive information of your employees and your company and can lead to a flood of annoying ads that can carry viruses. Geeks On Call recommends that you take some measures to protect your company’s privacy. Start by purchasing a good antivirus and anti-spyware program. The small amount you will spend is well worth it for the peace of mind you’ll enjoy when you know your information is secure. You may even require an additional anti-spyware program that will protect your company. Once you have the programs installed, keep them updated! Scan your systems on a regular basis.
- Hardware and Software Age - Your PC has a shelf life. If you want to avoid paying ever-increasing repair costs, you will need to replace your computers every 3-4 years. You’ll also need to make sure all your computers are standardized! This step includes all software applications. It’s vital to have a system that works seamlessly to fulfill the expectations of today’s clients. Speed and reliability are crucial to your business.
- Lack Of Security - Spyware isn’t the only way your information can be leaked or stolen. At Geeks On Call, we are very familiar with the cost of poor security. You can lose more than information – you can lose the faith of your customers, your reputation, a lot of money, and huge amounts of time. Taking a strong stand against identity theft and other attacks must be a priority. There are a few ways you can protect your company from these hazards. First of all, insist on strong passwords for all accounts! Do not allow guest accounts or file-sharing programs, and let us guide you to the best firewalls for your system. You should also make sure any wireless networks are safe.
Read More →